Author Topic: How do you use Trehalose?  (Read 46110 times)

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
Trehalose IS reducing sugar craving
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »
We are receiving more reports that after a person uses trehalose for a short time, his and her sugar craving is dramatically lowered.  This is significant for those who want to loose weight and have more energy at the same time.  If you have experienced this, let us know.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:39:33 PM by JC Spencer »

hlc

How do you use Trehalose?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 12:39:33 PM »
I just found a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that has healthy ingredients in it. Only one problem, it has granulated sugar in it. Here it is!

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 oz. dark chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli 60% cacao
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
6 oz. lite silken tofu
1 egg
2/3 cup sugar - I am going to substite 1 cup of Trehalose and see how it works.
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheets with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. In a blender, combine tofu, egg, sugar, oil, flaxseed meal and vanilla until smooth. Pour into dry ingredients, mixing until combined. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.

Makes 30 cookies.

It is Thursday, April 10, at noon. I am going to go to the store and get what I need to bake this.
Will let you know how it tastes. If you beat me to it, we'll both share the results.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:18:20 PM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
Use trehalose to get a glassy glaze on the dessert
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 11:22:45 AM »
Trehalose can give you a beautiful glassy glaze when heated to a high temperature.
Anyone making some hard candy using trehalose may find some interesting looks.  Please report back to us any results for others to follow.

JC
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:39:50 PM by JC Spencer »

LindaBragg

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
Cinnamon Sugar Chips  Yum!

Whole wheat flour tortillas, cut into triangles
Butter
Cinnamon and Trehalose mix

After cutting up the tortillas, coat with butter.
Place on cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and Trehalose.
Bake at 375 for 5or so minutes, depending on your oven.
Keep an eye on them so as not to burn them.
Cool and store in airtight container.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:18:05 PM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:07:46 AM »
Thank you Doug.  More people are cooking with trehalose and baking some really healthful and tasty things.  Here are two interesting facts for baking with trehalose: (1) You may have better results to bake at a lower temperature and bake a little longer.  Some are finding that if they lower the temperature to around 250F they get good results.  (2) Trehalose may cause yeast to work faster ... in about half the time.

We will appreciate reports back on your cooking experience with trehalose.

JC
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:17:51 PM by JC Spencer »

Doug L Bullock

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 12:45:13 AM »
I first used Trehalose last Christmas.  I made all my Christmas cookies with it.  No one noticed any difference.  They tasted great.  The only problem I came upon was the fact Trehalose at present does not come in confectioners form....or brown Trehalose for recipes that need brown sugar.  I found that I need to use 1.5 times as much as the sucrose called for in the recipes.

Doug
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:17:38 PM by JC Spencer »

hlc

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »
Trehalose is a good substitute for a sweetner in my coffee. In our kitchen we have a cannister for granulated sugar, one for flour, one for brown sugar, and one for Trehalose. I often take a bag of Trehalose with me to the restaurant rather than to use their sugar substitues. It is not as sweet as the unhealthy alternative, but I am learning to taste with my brain! "It's good for me!"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:17:22 PM by JC Spencer »

martyk

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »
I am glad you have this forum! I have a lot to say later on. For now, let me tell you how I use Trehalose. I sprinkle it on my strawberries, blue berries, and other fruits mixed with milk. Hmmm, hmmm! I know that this sweetner has NO toxicity, and nothing harmful! More, later!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:48:10 AM by JC Spencer »

hlc

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »
I love using a healthy sugar! Ever since JC castigated me for using granulated sugar in my coffee, back in the spring of 2000, I have been wrestling with how to reduce my use of synthethic sweetners. Here in this forum let's discuss the reasons for and the ways how we use Trehalose. Now, you're up!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:47:54 AM by JC Spencer »