Author Topic: Introducing JC Spencer's Forum  (Read 8956 times)

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
FIXATION question
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »
I will attempt to answer the question on fixation and quote a part of Chapter 10.  See my response under the topic of Brain Function by clicking in Sugar Science Form above, then Brain Function -- go to FIXATION question.

Trehalose may help but I do not know of any direct evaluation to verify this.  We will appreciate anyone reporting to us about any experience in reduction of fixation by a family member.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 09:44:31 PM by JC Spencer »

kendersa

Introducing JC Spencer's Forum
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 11:13:24 AM »
So Im guessing that basically if one is trying to help prevent HD symptoms from showing the best way is to just basically use Trehalose as your general sweetener.  Get rid of the general sugar completely that one buys at the grocery store and start the rest of your life with this healthy alternative. ;D

My brother has been using about 6 tablespoons of Trehalose with each meal for the past month and a half and has been able to eliminate his calf tremors!  We are hoping that with time (maybe within the next 4 months) we will be able to control his upper body movement.  Right now he lunges forward about every 15 minutes while sitting still.

Also, does anyone know if the Trehalose can help with the uncontrollable fixation on items and doing certain things that comes with HD?  So far we have not been able to find or use anything that can help control these fierce desires and fixation on things yet.   
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:14:59 PM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
Another interesting fact
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »
We have had a number of people tell us that after eating trehalose for awhile that their craving for sugar deminished.  I will appreciate others who have experienced a reduction of a sugar crave.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:31:51 PM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
How much trehalose?
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »
Since trehalose is a food, a healthful sugar that you can use like you would regular sugar, I would consider eating more than 1/4 teaspoon with each meal.  Each person is unique and has his or her own requirements.  I will tell a quick story of someone who called into our office and told one of our staff the benefits of 1/4 teaspoon of trehalose.  One of the family members had serious TRIMMERS of the mouth.  This is a rather serious problem when you are trying to eat.  About 1/4 teaspoon of trehalose was placed under the tongue and the trimmers stopped almost immediately.  This is the only case like that that I have heard about.  For a healthy person, we are finding two to six tablespoonsful is a good habit that may improve your health.

kendersa

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
In regards to specifically Huntington's.  We have started a regime of 2 tablespoons of trehalose with each meal for my family to help fight this awful disease that already have it and 1/4  teaspoon of trehalose with each meal for those who are at risk for it but have not tested.  Does this sound about right to help both those already have Huntington's and those who are trying to fight off the symptons before they arrive?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:14:43 PM by JC Spencer »

hlc

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 04:33:05 PM »
Great to have you on board! This particular forum will take time to build up steam. Don't hesitate to ask questions. By all means share your experiences. We will eventually have categories for various conditions, such as Huntington's Disease.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:14:29 PM by JC Spencer »

kendersa

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »
Hello all,

Just wanted to say how happy I am to see this forum.  My father and eldest brother both have Huntington's.  My aunt just recently passed away from this as well.  I appreciate everyone's interest in Huntington's.  I will continue to check this website everyday in hopes that I will find more to help my family.  You are all angels that are giving my family hope again. ::)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:14:15 PM by JC Spencer »

hlc

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 12:02:41 PM »
There are hundreds of features to this forum that Justin Mahon, our web tech dug up! I am going to have to refresh some of the basic administrative moves here on this one. Justin and I will have to get a comprehensive handle on all of the Administrative, Moderator, as well as the other levels of permissions.

HL Champion - 615-944-0348 Cell. www.Vislink.net
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:14:01 PM by JC Spencer »

hlc

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »
 This Forum is absolutely "primo" as far as the value it has had and will have for the advancement of people's health, those who view this site.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:13:30 PM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
Brain Function
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »
Many families have been empacted by neurogenerative challenges including Autism, ADHD, Alzheimer's, Parkinson, MS, and Huntington.  Huntington has a recognized DNA marker and if we can help Huntington, there may be a possibility for improvement in other neurogenerative challenges.

Instead of looking at these brain challenges as diseases, I prefer to study the different ways the brain functions.  There is growing evidence that autisic children may, indeed be very smart, but can not pass an IQ test.  Because the brain may function differently does not mean that the child has a disease or is no bright.  In fact, the IQ tests are not designed for that child.  We will discuss brain function and pathways to improve brain function.

We are on an exciting venture and we welcome you to be a part of journey.

This forum is open for those interested in discussion about Brain Function.  New scientific papers indicate that the sugar trehalose may have some benefit.  We are excited about hearing from families interested in this subject.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 03:17:51 PM by JC Spencer »

hlc

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »
WELCOME!

Introducing JC Spencer, CEO of The Endowment for Medical Research. JC will be presenting research and applied material about TREHALOSE on this board. Your response is invited,. JC's support team will be standing by to handle the overload of questions and statements.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 07:11:16 PM by HL Champion »