Author Topic: Robert K. Murray, MD, PhD contributes Foreword to book  (Read 5968 times)

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
Comment on book
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »
Thanks for your kind words about my book, Expand Your Mind - Improve Your Brain.

Oxygen is brought to the cell by the air we breath, the water we drink, and some of the food we eat. There are tests that verify that when you drink highly oxygenated water that indeed the blood cells appear more round than donut shape.  Having said that, I do not know of any documentation proving that process actually increases oxygen to the brain.  There are drops in small bottles you can buy at some healthfood stores.  I have a doctor friend that believes this is very important and it may very well be, but I have no scientific evidence to prove that these drop put in water you drink actually helps.  Perhaps the best tasting water I have ever drunk is called High O Silver and comes is glass bottles.  It is high pH, high oxygen, and high priced.

The science of water is very interesting to me and I have conducted verious experiments with this universal solvant.  It is vertually impossible to have pure water because is absorbs so much so quickly.

There are highly educated scientists who make bold statements against oxygentated water or ways of making water wetter (lowering its surface tention).  We need keep an open mind to new understandings of what we can achieve with good water that is so very important in helping us remove toxins from our bodies.

JC
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:30:36 AM by JC Spencer »

kendersa

Robert K. Murray, MD, PhD contributes Foreword to book
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
Just finished reading your book...Excellent.  Its crazy to know that when people state ..."you think..therefore you are" is true.  I did not know that neurons could be trained to become what you think you are.  I mean, I guess if one really truly wants to believe they are pregnant then eventually they will start to have the symptoms, even though they are not.  Also, it is great to know that He plays such a high part in your clinic.  It makes me really respect you even more. 

Although, I do have one question.  You state having highly oxygenated water is of utmost importance...how would one get this? Reverse osmosis removes the good and the bad.  Distilled takes away minerals.  That only leaves alkalized ionized water correct?  How would one be able to achieve highly oxygenated water on a budget?  The ones that I have found are extremely expensive for us.  I know adding lemon to your water helps but does it take away the effects if the water is not pure and it just tap water?  Sorry so many questions, but we are trying to, little by little, incorporate the good qualities for the bad. ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:27:17 AM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 01:36:12 PM »
The book is available online as an e-book for about half the price of the hard bound edition which is not yet available.  As an easy to read text book is it nearly 500 pages for all three volumes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:33:25 PM by JC Spencer »

kendersa

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 11:18:18 AM »
My grandfather ordered this book a little while ago and I cant wait to read it.   ;D  I hope to find out more information in regards to Huntington's and what we can do to fight it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:26:13 AM by JC Spencer »

hlc

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 09:53:18 AM »
Congratulations, JC! The foreward by Dr Murray is a notable reflection to the weight and authority of your book, "Expand Your Mind, Improve Your Brain". To have someone of this level of microbiology expertise to validate your work is awesome!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:25:57 AM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:23:03 PM »
I am very pleased and excited that Robert K. Murray, MD, PhD and author of the Glycomics section of Harper's Biochemistry (last 7 editions) has written the Foreword to my book, Expand Your Mind - Improve Your Brain.

FOREWORD by Dr. Robert K. Murray

I came to know JC Spencer via his founding of The Endowment for Medical Research (Houston, TX) and through his organization (and that of his many inspiring colleagues) of the first two Glycomics Medical Conferences sponsored by The Endowment.  A major aim of these very successful and well attended Conferences was to inform healthcare workers and others of the new scientific area of Glycomics and its possible application to helping individuals suffering from chronic neurodegenerative conditions.

My impressions of JC were then, and are now, that he is a man with tremendous energy, enthusiasm and commitment to the goals of The Endowment. I believe that readers of this book will find these and other qualities of JC's shine through as they peruse this work.

What will you find in this volume?  I can say that you will encounter a myriad of various fascinating subjects. Directly concerning the brain, these include discussions of neurons, neurotransmitters, optimal nutrition for the brain, a host of relevant  matters on basic psychology, savants, mental exercises and recovery from brain damage. Other subjects include  pH, electrolytes, rogue electrons, mitochondria, aging,  the value of placebos, fetal alcohol syndrome and tips regarding healthful nutrition. With regard to sugars, the reader will find valuable information on simple sugars, sugar chains, glycoproteins and the basic concept of Glycomics. The nutritional value of various sugars is discussed, with some being rated bad and others as "royal".

A subject dear to JC's heart and that of his colleagues, particularly Charles Eschweiler (affectionately known as Chad), is the sugar trehalose. This is a plant disaccharide made up of two molecules of glucose linked in a specific manner. Attention to this sugar was started by a report that it appeared to benefit mice suffering from a model of Huntington's disease, a chronic neurodegenerative condition. The Endowment plans to conduct in-depth studies on the effects of this sugar on patients with several different chronic neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease. Funds raised from the sale of this book will be used to further such work. Could there be a better cause?

The book is sprinkled liberally with down-home anecdotes based on JC's early life on a farm in Missouri.  Throughout, JC emphasizes the therapeutic effect of humor. "Laugh and the world laughs with you, Weep, and you weep alone".  (Ella Wheeler Wilcox).

Another theme dear to my own heart concerns the beneficial effects of good music.

The book is organized in three volumes. The first two volumes contain various Chapters covering the matters referred to above, as well as others. Volume Three contains a very substantial Glossary, various references and resources. The DSHEA Act, the Dietary Supplementary Health and Education Act of 1994, is presented and commented upon in some detail.

Well, enough of this Foreword. It is just keeping you back from getting on with reading this fascinating book. Keep your thinking cap on. Reading it will certainly stimulate your neurons!

Rob Murray,  MD, PhD
March 2008
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:31:32 PM by JC Spencer »