Author Topic: May not always be a brain disease - May be different OS  (Read 14231 times)

kendersa

May not always be a brain disease - May be different OS
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 10:08:22 AM »
Just a question...(actually two)

Does anyone know if adding extra magnesium in HD patients would help the NMDA glutamate receptor function properly in the brain?  Since most patients who have HD eventually have about 93% of their NMDA glutamate receptor gone and have very low levels of magnesium-would adding large amounts of magnesium help make the calcium channel work properly in the brain cells and actually close them when necessary?  I know that people who have HD have very high levels of glutamate in their brain-so would adding the magnesium help the lock and key function of the NMDA receptor work better?  Also does anyone know if eliminating excitotoxins from your diet has had any effect on lessening the symptons of HD? :-\
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:31:31 AM by JC Spencer »

kendersa

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »
Trehalose has also given us great results in my family.  My eldest brother has Huntington's and has been taking Trehalose (along with other [plant sugars], colostrum pills and Noni juice) for about 2 months and has had astounding results.  He is no longer falling. Yeah!  His balance is better and is finally starting to be able to walk without such a large gait.  Before starting trehalose he had gotten very angry and short tempered but now is very polite.  This is dramatic for the family to see such remarkable  changes in such a short period of time.  My father has had HD for about 15 years so we know exactly what route we will be headed for if we don't do something for my brother.  It is so nice to have something be able to actually work for him that doesn't have awful side effects.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:31:18 AM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 01:35:21 AM »
Responses like that thrill us and give me renewed energy to keep doing what we are doing.  With proper funding, I believe we can make medical history and in the process help many thousands of children.  The exciting thing about improving brain function is that by just improving brain function WE CAN ADDRESS OVER 600 DISEASES without naming any of them.  Thanks Linda.

JC

LindaBragg

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 09:22:14 PM »
Our daughter Sarah, 10, has a different OS.
Her Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Dysfunction is an interesting challenge.
I am very thankful for new research being done, as it helps to much
for me to share with others what her unique issues are in processing.

We all love our Trehalose, the therapeutic benefits have been huge.

Linda
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:31:02 AM by JC Spencer »

Offline JC Spencer

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:06:17 PM »
Instead of calling different brain functions diseases - We might say that they have a different Operating System (OS).

Many families have been empacted by neurogenerative challenges including Autism, ADHD, Alzheimer's, Parkinson, MS, and Huntington.  Huntington has a recognized DNA marker and if we can help Huntington, there may be a possibility for improvement in other neurogenerative challenges.

Instead of looking at these brain challenges as diseases, I prefer to study the different ways the brain functions.  There is growing evidence that autisic children may, indeed be very smart, but can not pass an IQ test.  Because the brain may function differently does not mean that the child has a disease or is no bright.  In fact, the IQ tests are not designed for that child.  We will discuss brain function and pathways to improve brain function.

We are on an exciting venture and we welcome you to be a part of journey.

This forum is open for those interested in discussion about Brain Function.  New scientific papers indicate that the sugar trehalose may have some benefit.  We are excited about hearing from families interested in this subject.